"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, May 20, 2011

Sweet 16!

Most of the time people think of Sweet 16 with turning 16 years old but this is not the case for us. 
No one at our house is close to 16 years old. 
But there is something that is a very sweet 16. 
Jeff and I are celebrating our 16th  Anniversary
It is pretty sweet
We had an amazing year.

It is so nice to share my life with someone that I love hanging out with each day.  I hate to see him go to work but I love when I hear the door unlock.  "DADDY's HOME,"  Ella shouts.

The man truly bring FUN to our home.  He can hang with the boys but has his daughter's heart at the same time.  Last year we were at the beach for a few days together (you can read about there here So Blessed).  This year we seemed to have celebrated quite a few times before this day.

Running in the Cooper River Bridge 10K in April was our anniversary gift to each other.  We had a blast.  I loved having him there with me.  He was such an encouragement those last few miles.  In his kindness, he slowed down to my speed, even walked when I needed to walk.  We enjoyed getting to Charleston at our own pace on Friday.  We ate a few meals together without little people with us.  (This is what you call a different type of anniversary gift.)

Jeff was able to cruise with us this year on the Disney boat.  It was like an anniversary trip.  My mom cruised with us so we had a extra set of hands.  Jeff and I spent time at the pool together and even ran a 5K on the island.  Our stateroom was incredible.  Balcony right outside. 

So even though today seemed pretty normal, we remember all the things we have done lately.  We spent the week looking back.  We watch our wedding video with our children.  I pulled out wedding pictures, honeymoon pictures, shower pictures, and new home pictures.  My wedding dress is hanging in the closet so we pulled out the dress too.  We spent time each night looking back. 

Today I felt like I needed to do something even though we said NO GIFTS.  I found the idea about
Sweet 16.  The 16th wedding anniversary calls for silver holloware.  I knew the perfect gift.  A glass cookie jar.  I wanted a family gift instead of something personal (Jeff has Father's Day and a birthday coming in June so he will be covered).

The kids and I found the cookie jar.  Garrett came up with the idea of Sweet 16 donuts. 

I made a tag for the front with silver ribbon.  Those donuts will last 1 day at this house so I decided to buy some yummy sweet treats to go next in the cookie jar.  Our house LOVES sweets.

This is the board I made for us to remember each day this week.  The tags listed the fun family time each night.  I listed all of those above - video, pictures, family gift, and a devotion on a biblical marriage.

We top our weekend off with a wedding tomorrow.  A couple from our Newly Married/Couples Class (another one of those first for us) is getting married tomorrow.  Teaching a Sunday School class espcially about marriage.  We felt that God delivered us through some tough times.  The least we could do was share what we learned.  A true biblical marriage is truly a blessing if we do it God's way.    Jeff and I have been asked to be the greeters at the reception.  Icing on the cake.  What a way to celebrate your own marriage but to go to a wedding where a new marriage is beginning.  We all need to be reminded of our wedding day.  The feeling we had that day for each other will be fresh on our minds. 

Just a side note - you would not believe how many times I typed weddine for wedding.  My fingers just know how to type weddine.  Haha!  Got to love Weddine for a last name.  
The Weddine's Wedding - Go figure.   


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 16 years together! Love y'all, Shelley