"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Trader Joe's Tour

We have or I have really tried to eat healthier at our house.  I am making almost everything from scratch.  I would like for all the skin, allergy, asthma goo that we have going on to disappear.  Not sure that is possible but watching what comes into our home through the pantry is on my mind.

I signed us up for a tour of Trader Joe's.  I officially have never shopped at the store.  I have only been in a store once but didn't buy anything.  We signed up to tour with about 15 or so other homeschoolers but we were the only ones to show up that day.

Lucky us.  We had a grand tour and goodie bags to take home.  We tried things that maybe we would not have tried before the tour.  We touched a little on organic vs. non-organic.  Since I usually don't ask opinions of what to cook, I thought this would give the boys a better look at labels, packaging, other name brands and stuff to try.

Now I only have one regret.  The closest Trader Joe's is 30 minutes away from me.  Sigh.  Since this store is only 5 minutes from Jeff's office, he may become our new shopper.

If you haven't tried a Trader Joe's, it worth the trip.  Very friendly, helpful staff that really cares about the customer.
ps the gummy bears are the best.

No comments: