"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Year

    "I remember the little ones you use to be, 
the little ones who gave me fits,
 who reduced me to tears, 
who drove me to my knees." -Rachael Carman  



As I look from 5 years ago when we started this journey to now, 
I am overflowing with tears.  Some days have felt like years.
But the years are beginning to look like days.  

"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Ps. 118:24
 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you;
I will help you;
I will uphold you
with my righteous right hand."
Is 41:10
 
I want to hold tight to them but I want to allow them to soar.
I want to cry tears of sadness for where has the time gone, 
but jump for joy for the plans God has for them
I want to guide them, but I know God has gone before me to prepare their place.
I want to stop time, but love spending days with them, seeing them grow.
I want to protect them, but I know I have to let them try and fail.
I want to do it for them, but I know letting them do it, gives them a story to tell.
Our house is beginning to be side by side.  
We not longer have little people but people who want our distance between to be alittle wider.

My oh my, our sweet precious children that God has entrusted us to;
to be your mom and dad.
Let our home and family be a testimony as we continue on to 
trust and obey.

Top picture:  new classes at church
Bottom picture:  first day of co-op
 
 

No comments: