"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, February 24, 2012

Preparing Our Hearts

Why is it so hard for me to say "I'm Sorry"?  It is incredibly hard for me to say those words.  I mean it inside but to outwardly admit I'm sorry is very difficult for me. 

Along with saying I'm sorry on one side, you have to be able to forgive on the other side.  Sometime I like to hold onto a grudge and remember the wrong someone had done to me. 

So as I begin looking through Ash Wednesday things, I ran across an eye opening blog post by Ann Voskamp at http://www.aholyexperience.com/

I began to realize I needed to apologize for some of my behavior but also forgive someone for really nothing they had done. 

Ann had created a prayer bench with a little quiet time to really think and be with God.  I felt like I needed this.  But I also know that my job is to disciple my children so I created a modified version of Ann's.



Pillows to be on your knees


Forgiveness is given to us through Jesus.  He created the bridge for us to connect with God again.  The pan has flour in it to represent dust. 
We came from the dust and to the dust we will return.  Genesis 3:9. 
So in Jesus we can also admit our sins and our sins will be wiped away with no memory of it from God. 
The flour gives us a tangible way for us to see how we can draw in the flour then wipe it away never to be seen again.

The scripture that is highlighted is Matthew 6:14-15.  This is how to be happy.  In order to be happy you must forgive if someone has done wrong to you but the flip side is to ask for forgiveness if you have done wrong. 

So our focus continues to be pure hearts.  What a precious gift we have been given.

No comments: