"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Remember . .

Since this was the 10th anniversary of 9/11, I wanted to be sure our children knew how important this day was for America.  We had been told the week at church that the following week would be an incredible service.  I wanted to be sure the kids were well aware of what would be shown on the screen, songs that would be sung and why this is such a big deal.  

Each day for 6 days we have done an American type of activity.

Day 1 - Edible Flags




Day 2 - "Where were you?"  - we answered this questions for them and played Alan Jackson's Song - "Where were you when the world stopped turning

Day 3 - Worship together at church / family time

Day 4 - Pledge and Star Spangled Banner - what do the words mean

Day 5 - Handprint flags

Day 6 - Patriot cookies

Wrap up -  Watch movie - "The man that walked between the towers"
Read Book - "The Little Chapel that stood"

This has truly been an fresh memory in our minds.  I can remember it like yesterday.   This is a part of history that our generation remembers happening, something that we lived not just read about in history books.

So I want to take away from Sunday's message
I trust God so must that I believe HE is a Sovereign God over all things
What others intended for evil, God intended for good.

Lamentations is a book were Jeremiah poured his heart out to God.  Judah had just been take over by Mighty Babylon, the whole place was in shambles.  Just as on 9/11, the world was in shambles.  I believe in a Mighty God was knew what was coming on that day.  I have HOPE that we will see a better day.  

No comments: