"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy 5th

Well this post is on August 4th not 3rd.  I was waiting to post yesterday after the party so I could include pictures.  I was completely exhausted so here we are today.  (This is a really long post)

Happy 5th Birthday

I know I have said this before but I am completely blown away that Ella is 5.  I kept telling her that I was going to cry when she turned 5.  I didn't cry but I keep telling Jeff.  We have big kids now.  So here is a recap of July 31st (celebration with her family) and Aug 3rd (celebration with friends at Build A Bear)
The pink chair she is sitting in she got when she turned 1.  I think we have used this chair for present time at every birthday. 

I like this picture.  3 of the 4 grandparents Jeff mom and dad and my dad is sitting in the chair. (Noni, Papa, and Papa)

Love the face

We had really talked about presents and how you need to really be thankful once you opened your gift.  We talked about finding the person and telling them "Thank you" before you opened the next gift.  Well on her own she decided to give each person a hug.  So she would open the gift then go to the person and HUG them.  It was very sweet. 

Ariel birthday cake with 5 candles

Ahhh! the birthday cake Yummy

Donnie Ray teased Ella all night about giving him a hug.  At first No hugs, but by the end of the night I think Donnie Ray had gotten about 20 or so hugs.

Gotta love Joseph
Cooper, Joseph, and Ella

So onto August 3rd
we decorated the door

The thought was to trap her in her room and she would have to break out but instead she ended up on the couch.  So she had to break through to get inside her room.

Garrett decided she needed chocolate chips pancakes but the chips needed to be a 5

Candles in the pancake


We decorated the front door so if anyone came to our house they would know we had a birthday in the house.  A birthday wreath and flags.



I love this big girl

So onto Build A Bear.   


The story we will remember about this birthday is that we stuffed our bears by hand.  The stuffing machine broke well stopped working just as we were ready to stuff our bears.  So 6 little people put extra love into their bears. (as soon as the lady sewed the last bear up, the machine started working)


6 Little bears
Marissa, Ella, Allison
Mason, Allison, Cooper

We enjoyed ChickFilA ice cream in the food court after we finished our bears.

Ella,
     God truly knows what he is doing.  Everytime I look at you I have a glimpse into how much he loves your dad and I.  You truly are a daily reminder of "Blessed".  I still continue to look as you and think "I have a little girl".  You bring such joy to our family.  You add a new twist to our happenings.  You love your family.  You check on people and remember to pray for them if they are hurt or sick.  You love your brothers.  You have brought out true sweetness in them.  It is funny what you can get them to do just because you asked them too.  You enjoy playing games, swimming, and dancing.  We watch Ella shows occasionally in our den.  At 5 it is hard to believe some of the things you are doing.  But you have to be big just like your brothers. 
Some things I want to remember about you:
*  wearing your pj all day
*  sleeping on the couch
*  "fire in the hole" nerf guns
*  your friends
*  night night ponytail
*  your light shining the right way at night
*  playing legos
*  the laughter you bring out in Garrett
*  how you play with Seth
*  Getting so mad you go to sleep
*  Hiding your face when you are embarrassed
*  going to your first wedding (Thanks Trisha and Zach)
*  not liking to get in trouble or be in trouble especially from your daddy
*  having to work things out before you can apologize
*  Playing tricks with Mr. Dicky at church
*  always wanting your dad's approval ( especially on Sundays)
* very determined
*  Loving to answer the phone
*  swimming in the deep in - no floats
* jumping off the diving board
*  pulling your first tooth
*  eating enchiladas - chips and hot sauce
*  painting toe nails and fingernails
*  learning to wear head bands
*  making cards for people
*  enjoying getting paid for chores
*  folding your own laundry
*  hanging right in with the big people

You are such a joy to be around each day.  I am so blessed to be at home with you.  I was thinking the other day how you and I have been together at home.  It has been an amazing 5 year with such a caring little girl who is now a big girl.  You bring a whole new game plan to our family.  We are glad you are ours.



No comments: