"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, January 28, 2011

Days off for Jeff

I love when Jeff has days off.  It is so nice to have him at home with us.  He had 3 days left to take before his new work year in February.  So he decided to take Thursday, Friday and Monday.  WHEW!! WHO!!  Love it.

So this post is brag on Daddy post.  Since I usually talk about the kids. 


I am sitting in here typing as Jeff is cleaning up the supper dishes.  He has already unloaded the dishwasher.  Now he is reloading.  He is washing by hand the big items.  Love it.

Tonight is Movie Night.  For the past four weeks, we have been checking out movies from the library.  Everybody gets there own movie.  Including Jeff and I.  We watch, just the two of us.  It may take us 3 hours to watch one movie due to the little interruptions but that okay.

I just love this man.  He does a lot for our family.  He always pitches in to help me.  He has begun to realize all the little things that speak volumes to me.  He keeps me grounded and tells me like it is.  He calls me out when I need calling out.  He washing clothes and dishes.  Folds clothes and puts them away.

What an incredible dad he is.  He is truly bringing his children up with the challenge God has for every man that has a family.  Since he is home, he did our Walk Thru the Bible lesson today.  He leads us in Family Prayer each night. 

We are always laughing when dad is around.  He keeps us on our toes.  Nevery a dull moments even for us serious minded people, Amy and Seth.  We don't much like to be picked on or just go crazy but dad always makes us laugh.

Plenty of hugs and kisses for everyone.  He just gets giddy when Ella is around.  But he can change very quickly from gentle giant to tough man for the boys.  The tickle monster love to find the tickle spots. 

So we love the days Jeff is home with us.  We are learning to just stay home.  Which is hard for me but I enjoy my and our time at home. 

Thanks dad for jumping into our world the past two days
Homeschooling, co-op, laundry, breakfast, lunch and supper, dishes, Gabby watch, and all the other things that come with our family.

We love you too!!  So proud of my man!

No comments: