"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, August 30, 2010

Yum!!!

I have been making menus and really planning our meals.  No eating out.  Everything from scratch.  Since we are trying to eat healthier and no HFCS, we can really only trust what I have been cooking.  Here is a yummy pizza.
Seth is the kitchen helper this week.  Something we started this year.  Seth or Garrett take turns being the kitchen helper.  That means help mom in the kitchen prepare breakfast, lunch or supper.  Seth loves it.  Garrett just does it. 

I made the pizza crust from scratch and pizza sauce from scratch.  It is delicious.

Finished product - It is yummy and very filling since it is whole wheat crust.

By the way, Seth was eating this pizza until our new anti-fungal diet.  Off limits.  This meal was a week or so ago but just now posting.


We eat snack every afternoon at 3:00.  I have planned out what they eat so they are making healthy choices.  Seth is eating a fruit kabob.  Who knew that eating fruit on a stick would be so fun.  They will sit and eat fruit for 30 minutes because they have a stick. 


 New rule at our house:  everyone eats the same thing, not fixing 4 different meals (Jeff and me, Seth's, Garrett's and Ella's) like it or not this is what you get.  Everyone has been a very good sport.  We like some things better than others but we are doing it.  Now of course, Seth is on his own plan.  It has made life harder due to making everything from scratch.  I live in the kitchen making and washing dishes.  But easier because everyone is eating good food.  I even can make bigger potions and freeze them. 

We have truly stepped out of our box.  We like junk and snacks. 

No comments: