"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thinking


I just finished working on the newsletters for VBS.  My mouth is open and my eyes are big.  I just want to write out all the verses that are memory verses for this year.  I am going to make sticky notes to hang in my bathroom as well.  Jeff and I spent an hour or so last night laying in bed discussing the points from the sermons this week from revival.  We were so touched by each of the messages. God reveals so many things to us.  We want to be sure we- individually are on God's path for our lives but also our family is on God's path.  We want to give our children such a strong foundation on the Word.  We are so eager and hungry for God.  This year's theme for VBS is Roundin' Up questions - Drivin' Home Answers.  As I looked up each verse, I just felt lead to put these verses in my heart and life even more. 
Yes, I trust God,
Yes, I want to live for Him,
Yes, I want my life to be a reflection
 but sometimes this is not the case. 
So I was reminded today.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; I know that full well."  Ps 139:14

"Cast all your anxiety on him becasue he cares for you."  1 Peter 5:7

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jer 29:11

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."  Phil 2:5

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

These are my pondering of verses for several weeks.  My prayer is to fully believe and show these through my actions to my children.

Another side note:  Phill 2:14 - Do all things without complaining and disputing.  This is one for Seth but a reflection for me as well.

Help me look to the Word for all the questions I have.


No comments: