"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Accomplished Year 2

Hallelujah

Amen

Way to Go

We did it.  Another homeschool year under our belts. 



Garrett is now a 6th grader

Seth is now a 3rd grader

Ella is now a PreK

Homeschooling is so dear to my heart.  It is amazing how God can change your heart if we allow him to work.  I was sooo against homeschooling 4 years or so ago but it has always been a topic of conversation at our house.  But hard headed me always said no, your crazy. 

Our story:

Jeff and I went to a Song of Solomon Marriage Conference at Hickory Grove Baptist Church in February 2008.  The conference was about Solomon and his love for the Shulamite Women.  So great how God gave us the best love story in the Bible.  Well the entire day and night, the Holy Spirit kept bringing up home and children through the speaker.  He talked about guarding his teenage daughter from boys and how his son traveled with him to different conferences.  When Jeff and I went to dinner that night, he asked me what I thought about the conference.  I couldn't even speak.  I started to cry.  I said nothing.  Jeff said have you thought about homeschooling.  Yikes  - there is that word again.  Yes, I said, BUT . . .   So I began researching and asking questions from February until May.  I don't think I have ever read so much in my entire life.  We had decided in May to homeschool but didn't tell the boys until after school was over for the year.  We had a trip planned the very next week at the beach.  The first day on the beach, we told the boys what we had decided.  They were fine with it. 

I told them that I was trying to set an example for them. 
First, God had called us to homeschool. 
 Second, We were stepping out on faith to be obedient to God
Third, We were trusting God to take care of us as we began this journey.

So if God calls, no matter how crazy it may sound or how much you so don't want to do it, do it anyway.

We had certain things we wanted to focus on in our family.  We knew if God was calling we had to answer.  We took a HUGE GIANT LEAP OF FAITH to homeschool.
What a blessing it has been.  I focus on one year at a time.  Each year as we finish, I just smile.  Look what WE have done. As I watched graduates get dressed today at the homeschool conference, I began to think what an incredible journey so many parents travel to educate their child at home.  I am eager for the day Jeff and I stand on the stage to hand our children their diploma that WE did together through this crazy thing called "Homeschooling".

What a blessing it has been to educate our children at home and see them "Get It". 

BLESSED

No comments: