"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It is all about this . .

Everyone is working on a craft project.  It is fun to see all of them right there together.  Ella was doing alittle more bugging than working but we were having the best time. 

We have begun Lent for Easter.  Garrett, Jeff and I have given up different things for these 40 days of Lent.  We started on Ash Wednesday but I just found a site that suggested a countdown calendar just like we did at Christmas.  The children will draw an envelope each day that has different activities on it. 
Garrett has done very well with this challenge.  I am very proud of him.  After these 40 days, I pray that our hearts will be more focused on him.  I want us to examine our heart and life, something that will lead me to appreciate more the suffering and death of my dear Lord and Savior, and create in me a pure heart.  I want to get excited about Easter as I do about Christmas.  There will be more to come as we go through these days leading up to Easter.

No comments: