"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy 19th

I love May.  I love May 20th even more.  Happy 19th Anniversary.  

How time flies.  What an incredible journey we have been on in marriage.  


We celebrated by dinner at The Cheesecake Factory then shopping.  Yes, shopping for TOMS.  I was so excited.  I have been wanting a pair of these for some time now.  I have worn them almost everyday since our anniversary.  


Jeff and I have certainly been on a journey through marriage.  We have truly come to an incredible place in marriage.  We both agree that marriage is not about our own needs by the needs of our spouse.  We help each other.  We have each others back.  We stand together.  We talk together.  We work together.  We pray together.  We honor God through our marriage.  We work hard each and every day to make this work.  
Casting Crowns has a new song.  I listened to it and it made me think of the turning point it took for us.  Putting God first.  


“Marriage is tough. We bring a lot of fairytales to the picture when it comes to marriage. We bring them to the altar with us [thinking]: ‘This is going to be perfect. We don’t have to be apart. We can just wake up together every morning and no one is going to have morning breath. We’re not going to have any problems.’ And then the problems hit and you don’t know where to file those into your picture. . . The idea I’m trying to say is: ‘Can you lay down who you thought I was and love the ‘me’ that is? Can we take this from where we are now and realize that I can’t be that person?’ Only God is going to be able to make this work and broken people can be broken together.  -Mark Hall


This is what we finally had to realize to known that we were both broken people that needed grace, mercy and forgiveness each and every day.  

May God be glorified daily in our marriage.  So excited for the years to come with my man.  Love him dearly.  

No comments: