"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Computer

 
I am just going to say it.  I have the BEST husband in the world.  He got me a new computer.
Yes.  He didn't ask my opinion, make me shop, or ask 100 questions.  He did it ALL himself. 
I did bug him about buying an external hard drive since I knew my old computer was going to DIE at any time.
 
So the old computer things
* had to have about 10 minutes for it to actually boot up
*  special keys to be hit in the correct order at the correct time for it to boot up
* slow
*watched the circle spin
*Slow
*I teach online classes so I need a computer - I spend a lot of time on the computer
* I enjoy blogging so I do a lot with my pictures and flip video
*I had to use Garrett's computer for microphone
*slow
* the battery died several months after I got it so attached to an outlet to work
*my son (we want mention which one) spilt milk on the keyboard so the mouse and keys below didn't work
*had to have a wireless mouse to use it
*in computer years, my computer was 50 years old
*has Microsoft Word 2003
 
SO now I am rejoicing.  I have a new cool computer.
Surprise on Christmas.
The story behind the computer is so cool.  My husband worked very hard to be sure I had it to open on Christmas.
 
So I have a Dell inspiron 15z Ultrabook touchscreen
 
*It has a 15" screen
* microphone
*camera
* Windows 8
*boots up in about 1 second
I have spent lots of time on the computer already.
 
 


I have enjoyed my new computer.  I don't hardly want to load anything on it.  It is super duper fast.
I think I need to take a class on Windows 8
I also need a class on Microsoft 2010.
 
So just for me to remember how fun it is to have a NEW toy this is my post.
I love when my husband just takes care of the whole thing.  Not only did a get a great computer but the best part is that it just showed up.
By the way, this post is for Sheila

No comments: