"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Storms . . . Storm . . . Storms

We had a pleasant spring, but on the first day of summer the pleasant nice was over.  Along with hot, steaming comes storms.  Well we were home when this storm passed. 

We met in the den since thunder, lightning and heavy rain.  The lightning was streaking down to the ground.  After about 15 minutes of storms, it began to be scarier.  

A pop, a bright spark and all of us looking at each other.  This is what we found after the storm passed.  Lightning hit the tree in the front yard.  

The pictures below are walking out and what we found.  We had not touched or cleaned anything. 


 This is where the lightning ran out into the ground.

The trampoline flipped 3 times before stopping at Jeff's building.  After pulling it back into it's place, here we are. 

Mess on the ground

So with the tree, we also had problems inside
A TV
Cordless phones
2 xBox cords
internet
router

We are still trying to have everything working again.  This has really tested my patience.  I like things to work the way I had them working.  So I have learned many things that God is teaching me as well as my children through this process of things not working and having to work around them.

We are almost back to 100 %.  Now we have a dead tree to cut down.

No comments: