"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Official



It's official.  180 days have been completed at Shepherd's Hope Christian Academy.  When we started homeschooling our first year, I never thought year 4 would be possible.  This was the first year for me to have 3 children "in school". 

As I reflect on last summer, I remember really being apprehensive about schedule.  How was I going to teach three kids when there was one of me?  I labored over schedule and curriculum last summer to really be sure I chose things that would allow my kids to be independent workers. 


Well now that we are on the other side of 180 days, I can now say "Well done kiddos".  I am a really big reflector, meaning think through where you have been and what can you learn or remember.  At the end of this year and last year, I asked my kids some questions to do a 
"Year in Review"

So here are the questions
What has been the most frustrating part of the school year?
What has been the most rewarding part of the school year?
Who was your best friend this year?
Made any new friends
What was the best thing about this school year?
What subject was your favorite?  Least favorite?
Did the year go by fast or slow?
What sport(s) did you play?
Favorite book you read?
A lesson you learned about yourself as a student?
Your take on _______ grade
What do you think you want to be when you grow up?
If you could pick any subject to study, what would it be?
I wish I could do more ________ during the school day.
I wish I didn't have to do __________________
My favorite food
My favorite drink
My favorite thing to play
Start anything new

Sign your name ________________ Age:_______  Grade completed:_________

Fall 2011

I love to read their answers.  This gives me some insight into what they are feeling about their own education and what can we do different.  So maybe you have some end of the year reflections that you do.  

The best part of ending a school year is CELEBRATING the journey.  



 It truly is a blessing to be a part of teaching, learning, and nurturing these little people into adults that will one day be part of society using their gifts and talents God gave them to make a difference in this world.  Right now I would have to say - homeschooling is seeing
 "Blessings at Home"

No comments: