"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer List




 

We are very excited around here because IT'S SUMMER!  (well almost)  Our calendar is full from June until August.  I thought I would share some ideas that we do over the summer.  Other than

Tennis Camp
Dance Camp
Church Camp
Swimming
Carowinds

I have my kids do a CHARACTER chart. This gives them ideas of things to do.  If so many squares are completed then they receive prizes.   So the squares have labels - reading, history, math, journal, letter writing, service, fun and games, bible and adventure.  I fill in each square with different things.  There are 54 squares on the chart. 










Some of the things include
memorize verses
cook supper
bake bread
research flag day
read different genres of literature
vision board
star gazing
cloud watching
play card games
play board games
build a fort
baked cookies and give away
sprinkler
scavenger hunt
bowling
several you name its
water balloon fight
paint a pet rock
work on skills from reading and math
journal on vacation
read to brother or sister








I like when my kids have some directions and ideas of things that are using their imaginations.  It seems that motivation to earn a prize by completing squares are the motivation to not have our days wasted when we come to August.


No comments: