"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Things that make me SMILE



When I was 4 or 5, I had a part in my ballet teacher's wedding. My dress looked just like her's. I thought this was a big deal. Many years later, I now know what a big deal it was. The ballet teacher was Mrs. Bonita. Now, Ella takes ballet from Mrs. Bonita.  So it seems just to cool to have my old ballet teacher teaching my daughter. 

Tuesday night, Ella convinced meme that she needed to come to her house to visit.  While Ella was there, we were face timing.(Cool technology by the way)  She told me that meme had found the dress I wore as the miniture bride in Mrs. Bonita's wedding.  I couldn't wait to see it and Ella couldn't wait to put it on to show me.

So here she is in the dress I wore. 

Oh my!! 
God in His goodness gave me a girl so that I could be apart of this moment one day. 
God in His goodness gave me a mom who would keep these precious momentous
for all these years just for this moment. 

Mom thinks that Ella is a little bit bigger and taller than I was since the dress fits just perfect, like almost will not zip in the back.  The bottom is a bit short for Ella.

Just to know that the timing is perfect.  If mom would have waited a few more months, we would have missed this sweet moment.  Ohh! 

Jeff's heart almost melted when he saw her.  My o' my.  These are the moments or gifts that God gives us to stop, slow down, pay attention and enjoy the goodness of His timing and His plan.

Thanks for this moment.
I'm smiling.

No comments: