"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, January 13, 2012

Field Trip - Fort Sumter


We have been studying American History this year.  We started with the Civil War.  Since Garrett has a hockey tournament this weekend in Charleston, what a perfect time to visit the historic Fort Sumter.  The boys loaded the ferry.

The girls watched as the boys headed out on the boat
 Heading towards Fort Sumter


This was truly a "guy" trip.  Jeff realized how proud he is to be from the South.  I hope the boys saw history come alive today.



From the loading deck of the building across the water, THE BRIDGE.  Cooper River Bridge is heading our way again in March. 
Jeff and I are running a 10K again. 
Jeff took the picture for inspiration.
Can't wait to tackle 6.2 miles again.
The cool thing is God really showed me so much as I was training for the run.  I am very excited about training and also running.

No comments: