"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, October 28, 2011

Life's Interruptions









Why is it that I get so bothered when things do not go according to my wonderful plans?  I am such a planner.  Lay it all out so that I can look at all and organize the busy of life.  I show my frustration when showing "pops" up.

My heart is so saddened by my roommate from college's family.  Her husband died on Sunday from his battle with stomach cancer.  He was diagnosed in early August and now we are at the end of October.  I would truly say this is an interruption in life.  They have two little ones and had moved to Texas with his job in the army.  He had been deployed with the Army in June/July.  My how this plan "popped" up for them. 


                                    

My devotion today was Life's Interruptions.  The bible story was Jonah.  Boy how his life got a little interruption.  He was angry and frustrated.  I think I do exactly what Jonah did - I want to get so frustrated and turn the other way.  If only we could see the end of the story.  We would see that God had this all planned out for His glory.  There is a divine something that God is inviting me to see or partake of if only I would just "trust" Him.

The lesson in all of this, from the devotion, is to look at God's hand in the interruptions in life. 
Interruptions in life are just a brush stroke on God's canvas of our life.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you;  he will never leave nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  Deuteronomy 31:8.

Help me Dear Lord to embrace life's little or big interruptions to see You in each of them.  Prayers go out to this family today.  I am so broken but yet hopeful that You will show me great and mighty things through this interruption.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read Priscilla Shirer's book about this it's called Life Interrupted. Great book. I am a control freak too and the least little thing can throw me into a tizzy. This book was great, if you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it! Miss you guys! Love, Shelley