"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, August 29, 2011

Training - Big Miles

Jeff is running his first marathon in November.  He has been training for about a month and a half.  So far his training has been nothing he hasn't done before - miles anyway.  Saturday was a big run.  He got the idea that he wanted to run from our house to church - 14 miles

We left home at 5:34 am
Since he was running country roads, in the dark, with loose dogs, and miles he had never done before, I told him a I would the pilot car - I would ride along beside him - encourage, give water, and just be sure he survived.

I think this is funny.  See the field in the back ground.  We are in the country.  At this point is was finally daylight - around 6:50 or so running mile 8 or 9

This is what Garrett did while Jeff was running.  He wanted to go with us.  The Fire Department in Marshville (the town where our church is) serves a big breakfast on the last Saturday of the month.  He opted for getting up early so he could go eat breakfast.

This donkey is almost in our backyard at church.  Jeff really got this donkey unnerved.  He was Hee Hawing so loud as Jeff ran by the fence.  It really helped Jeff - at this point it had been 2 hours and about 15 minutes - mile 13.8

He made it to our chuch.  14 miles - he only walked about 8 minutes of the entire run.  Country roads have some incredible hills. 

Everytime I think about how dedicated he is running  He amazes me.  I am so proud of him.

Bigger miles to come in the weeks ahead. 
Just  a reminder that a marathon is 26.2 miles  - running for about 4 and half hours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jeff! That's awesome! Shelley