"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, August 11, 2011

179 days left

Year 4 of homeschooling.  What a journey we are on but yet still have to go. 
Garrett - Welcome to 7th grade
Seth - Welcome to 4th grade
Ella - Welcome to Kindergarten

The pictures below are from the previous years of homeschooling.  It is amazing to see how young they looked compared to how they look now.


The picture in the middle is from year 1.  The bottom picture is year 2.

So our morning rountine - get up, devotion, breakfast, help clean up breakfast, bed, teeth, change clothes, responsibilities ( or chores), then meet together for family devotion.

These are the pictures once we got started with family devotion and prayer time.


We had a guest today.  Seth was thrilled.



Seth and Danny helped Ella with Calendar, weather and read her a couple of books while I worked with Garrett.  Then Ella time with mom.  The last pictures are Garrett helping Ella with her journal while I worked with Seth and Danny.

Throughout this week, I will highlight each child and their school schedule.  Now that all three are schooling, my post would be 10 pages long.  Ha. 

So what is your favorite school memory? Leave a comment.  It is amazing the wonderful memories that the kids are making. 

One of my favorite memories and still a fun thing for me is picking out new school supplies.  I love new notebooks, crayons, highlighters, sharpies.  Ahhh!  I could spend all day in Office Max.  I have other but I get so excited when it's time to pick out new school stuff. 

1 comment:

Randi said...

I can't believe how much they have changed in such a short time. I am sure it's even more hard for you to believe it. Ella looks so excited to be in school. Looks like things are getting off to a great start!

PS -- I LOVE school supplies too! And picking out what I would wear the 1st day of school (I guess with homeschool they don't have to really worry about that)

I'm excited to see how this first week goes :)