"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

J O Y

Well I finished the book.  I learned alot about the Christian Character.  Wow!  do you have alot of work? 

The last chapter was about JOY.  Joy falls upon the hearts of men and women whose lives are caught up in who God is and what He is doing. 

Sometimes we find joy in the next meal or in money or things.  If my shorts fit, if I run 2 miles, if my children get along, well then Joy.  This type of joys burns up.  Put more in to get more joy.  Chirst's joy doesn't function like this.  He gives joy to the fullness. 

Usually in my hardships is when I draw closer and intimate with God.  Those are the times I can see hope and grace.  This brings me joy.  None of us like hardship but that is when I shared my tears with Him.  Within a few days, a verse would show up in my devotion or the boys' school work somewhere that would make me smile because I know God is wanting me to find joy in Him. 

So the book suggested to put myself in joy's path.  Retooling of my daily routine.  Our greatest joys come from Christ's presence and movement in everyday reality.  I want to become intentional about pursuing joy and all the other virtues.  I want to slow down, dig alittle deeper, pay attention more to others not just my own agenda.  If I sense God moving me, I want to push myself to do it.  I don't want to hide because of fear and the unknown.  By doing these things, I will find true joy. 

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus  . . . who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Heb 12:2.  The prize was joy, but the path getting there was harrowing.  quoted from the book

What a challenge this book has been to me.  So help me "clothe" myself in Colossians 3:12 - Christian virtues such as peace, forgiveness, compassion, kindness, humility, and patience.  These virtues were made for me by the One who knows me best.


On to the next one,




This is my new bible study book.  Anyone want to join me?  We could have out own little community online bible study just like I finished. 


I have been looking forward to this one.  I reserved it at the library 3 weeks ago.  It is in so I am ready.  I really enjoyed watching Tim Tebow and what he stands for in his platform.  He stands for Christ even in the world of football and is not ashamed to share his faith. 

No comments: