"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Heavy Heart

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing  James 1:2-4
 
My heart has been heavy the past few weeks.  Even though I have known about one heaviness for over 3 years, one for about 2 months and one for about a week.
 
Paula Pittman, our pastor's wife sister, has been battling 4 different types of cancer for some time now.  We went to a spaghetti supper in her honor tonight.  She has a daughter that is Garrett's age. 
 
Joshua Loftis was just diagnosed 2 months ago with a brain tumor.  He just turned 12.  We enjoyed last summer at Carowinds with his family. He has just completed 6 weeks of treatment.  Now to sit and wait 4 to 6 weeks for the next scan.  How this brings back memories of my aunt, who was only 11 months older than me, and her battle with a brain tumor.
 
Melissa, one of my roommates from college, just kissed her husband goodbye for a year.  He is in the army.  He was deployed to serve in Iraq for a year.  They have a 6 year old and a 4 year old.  They just moved to Texas 1 year ago for his job.  So now a new place very far away from family and he is deployed. 



So as I love on my family alittle tighter, I try to remember these families each time. 

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing ".

Lord, help me draw nearer to you as I lift up prayers for these families.

No comments: