"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

S U M M E R !!!!!!!

wE  DiD  It!  aNOthER HomESCHooL YeAR UndeR OuR BEltS

I am so proud of my children.  We have worked really hard this year.  So we are
Done with PreK and onto K
Done with 3rd and onto 4th
Done with 6th and onto 7th

This is what the yellow tag says hanging from the chairs.  Each child has their own tag from their chair they sit at during supper.  I pulled out the summer fun dishes.  I hung the palm tree decorations.

I decorated the table with beach balls, beach pictures, fun brown cloth(sand) and purchased some goodies for our SUMMER FUN BASKET
Books, journals, new pens, pencils, craft projects, outside toys, waterguns, fun snacks, and many different things)


I also made this WELCOME SUMMER banner with each day of the week.  I will put cards in the days as we plan different events.  This will keep everyone from saying "i have nothing to do" 2 days from now.

I am a planner so the summer is beginning to shape up.  We enjoy being at home but I still want them to play and not sit in front of a video game or TV

I have summer goals planned as well
*  Chores
*Reading 20 minutes a day
*Writing in a journal
*Earning TV/Game time by doing workbook pages
*Completing their Character chart

Bring on summer - We are ready

No comments: