"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, November 12, 2010

A Challenge

We have a challenge. 
Do you love chocolate? 

We love chocolate. 

Do you know how many different kinds of M&M's there are now?  You probably have you favorite kind.  We love the plain M&M's.  Right now around the holidays you can even get other kinds. 

Well our challenge is that we want our Love of God to be more than our Love of chocolate. 
M & M really stands for
Memorize and Meditate

We have been learning about Jesus' Wildnerness experience.  He was tempted by the devil.  Jesus used scripture to defend the devil. 
We were made to memorize.  We have memorize many verses of the Bible.  Now our challenge is to memorize a passage of the Bible. 
YIKES. 
My first thoughts are:
 That's too hard!
I can't do it!
You are crazy!

I ask my child to do many things and the above are the responses I usually get.  Well now that we are doing this as a family, I want to scream those things.

But we have a challenge.  We don't get to eat our M&Ms until the passage is memorize.  So my thoughts this weekend are to find the passage.  What to memorize?

Work hard and the payoff is grand.

So I challenge you?  Are you up for the challenge?  If you let me know that you have joined our challenge, I will buy each person in your family a bag of M&Ms. 
The devil is out to steel, kill and destory.  I will not let that happen.  I want to meditate on the things above. 
I will post on Monday about our passage. 

Join the challenge.

No comments: