"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Meme

Happy Birthday to my dear Mom and Meme.  I have realized in the past few years that I have become what my mom was to me. 

My mom:
  • always knew where everything was in the house - she could put her finger right on it
  • always on the go
  • hard worker
  • always put me before herself
  • loved to buy me stuff
  • never say down - always moving - especially at home
  • ironed and ironed and ironed
  • helped me pick out clothes
  • knew how to match my clothes
  • had a closet full of clothes
  • did school work with me
  • would sit and do a project for hours
  • always made me look the word up in the dictionary instead of telling me how to spell it
  • always involved in anything I wanted to do
  • never said "no"
  • kept me busy
  • trusted me deeply
  • let me spread my wings but there when I fell
  • took me to church
  • taught me about Jesus
  • encouraged me
  • taught me that I could do anything
  • made me make my bed
  • had great birthday parties
  • taught me family was important
  • let me travel to wonderful places
  • took me on fun family vacations
  • kept a clean house
  • always washing clothes
  • always stopping at the grocery store
  • always in the kitchen
  • the list could go on
I have grown to appreciate my mom now that I am older.  I realize all the things she did for me and how she gave of herself for me.  She put me before her own needs. 

Now that I am older and a mom myself, she still does all the things above for me still.  Now she shines her light to our children.  The mom word has now become the Meme word.  Several things stick out in my mind that I am truly grateful for now. 
Mom has been a great supporter of :
  • me coming home to be a stay at home mom to our children. 
  • having 3 children ( this was a shock since I am an only child)
  • the decision to homeschool our children
I know these things were hard for mom at first.  She has never questioned me about any of them.  She has only supported Jeff and I. 

Thanks mom for being such a great role model of a "mom".  Our children love their meme.  You make each of them feel special each and every time they see you and you don't forget about me.  We are very blessed to have you close by so that we see you several times a week.  You have taken us on some wonderful adventures over the years.  You help support our family in some many ways.  You are always there for every event.  You always have the best attitude no matter if your day has not been so good. 

So on this day, September 25th, our family wants to wish you a Happy Birthday.

No comments: