"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, August 30, 2010

And the craziness of Seth continues . . .


This is what my cabinet looks like now.  The medicines for Seth.  We had a 6 month allergy Dr. appointment on Wednesday.  We came home with this.
4 medicines
breathing treatments morning and night
3 to 4 clorax baths by the time we come back Friday

Poor child.  I just hate to give him medicine but now 8 1/2 tsp of medicine morning and night.  Ahhhh!  My mommy gut is dying.  It is the hardest thing for me to do.  I know this is helping him but I also know that medicine is not good for your system.

Along with medicine, we are trying no HFCS, no corn products, (no) well reduced sugar, and I just added an anti-fungal diet(Phase One from Know the Cause website).  There are not many foods left to eat that meet these qualifications.  I have asked him to do this for 1 week until we go to the doctor for re-allergy test on Friday.  He is really in detox.  His body coming off of sugar is horrible.  He has no energy.  He is taking about 3 naps a day and lays around.  Thank the Lord he is homeschooled.

Small recap, had impetigo the first of August - on antibiotic
impetigo back again on the 14th - on antibiotic and a steroid and lotion
alleregy recheck on the 25th - dr was in shock - his body still was getting rid of the impetigo spots, breathing was wheezy, he had a rash from waist to face with a reaction to something
Now we go back to the doctor on the 3rd of Sept for alleregy retest - yes all the pricks in your back( we see a new doctor)

We have got to get to the bottom of this - he is miserable - we have been doing this since Kindergarten.  We have tried many avenues.  Seth is in the 5% that is alleregic to his alleregy shots.  His body can't handle shots.  What to do?  As a mom, I am not really happy about any of it.

Yesterday, we went and bought groceries.  Seth has his own shelf in the pantry. 
ps.  because he is on a steriod (high dose) he is starving - he can only eat certain foods - going to get pretty boring eating the same foods but we can do this

This mom is praying for healing of her child's body, strength to help him eat the right foods, strength to endure the moaning and groaning he gives me, encouragement to know that I am not alone, and a positive attitude

Thanks for being a good sport Seth.

 

No comments: