"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camp, Doctor, Eating, and Training

Well Garrett is off to camp.  First overnight camp for 5 days not knowing anyone but 1 person out of 130 campers.  HGBCCentriKidCamp  It has been so nice.  The counselors are keeping a Facebook page with updates and pictures.  At least I get to see his face.  So Blessed that he is brave enough to go off  not knowing a soul but to be excited about going to church camp. 


Seth went to the doctor Monday with weird spots.  Crazy.  Well meds and lotion and off we go.  I am trying to tackle his allergy stuff as well.  I went by the allergy doctor for a copy of his skin test and blood test.  The child is allergic to everything.  HELP!  I have a great friend who has helped me on my way of trying to figure this out.  Thanks Shelley!


So we are trying to read food labels and see what I am actually putting in his body.  Easier that it looks but I am up for the challenge.  Sugar, Sugar, Sugar.  I am wanting my kids to eat healthy as well.  I am looking and buying better foods to eat.  I will keep you updated. 

Breakfast - turkey bacon and toast
Lunch - goldfish and protein bar
Snack - super duper smoothie
Supper - everyone was different - hot dog and pudding, cheerios, steamed broccoli and carrots, crabcakes and steamed carrots and homegrown tomotoes

Dessert  - homemade granola bars

Delicious

Training - the 5K is getting closer so today was another train day.  WOW! is it so hard to run - how does Jeff do it.  13.1 miles crazy and now he is training again for another Half.  So I am looking to accomplish on of my goals this year - a 5K.  I will not be running the whole thing which is really what I wanted to do but hey I will be running more that half of it.  Better than nothing.  2 more days to train and off to race.

pictures for fun - Ella and earrings (sticker kind of course)


All so - we are planning for a 4 year old birthday - I was trying to get a good picture

That crazy smile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This may not sound how it is intended, but I'm glad I have a buddy in all of this allergy stuff. Not glad that Seth or Colby has all these allergies though. But we know who's in control. I have to keep reminding myself of that. Love, Shelley