"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, January 16, 2010

She did it

Ella finally got to skate.  What an event.  She finally did it.  We went to the ice rink Friday before Seth's game for her to skate.  She fell asleep in the car on the way there.  I was able to get her out of the car, walked inside the ice rink, and sat down.  She slept 1 hour longer.  When she woke up, she was ready to skate.  We rented her skates, put them on, and got her ready to go.  Do you know she wouldn't go.  I guess because she just woke up. 

As soon as Seth's game was over, it was time to try again. She was so excited.


She is showing me her skates.  Notice all the pads.  She thinks she needs these because she knows all the hockey pads her brothers wear.  Which I am okay with it since she will fall and it won't hurt as bad.


Do you see her face?  Seth is reassuring her that she is okay.  All of Seth's teammates are round her.  They are checking her out. 

.

Garrett showed up to help.  He was playing goalie for his coach's other team.  They had a game but the goalie didn't show up.  How sweet is this.  I am so super glad that my boys know how to skate and skate well.  That means I didn't have to go.  Yeah!  Do you see Seth's hand on her back?

At this moment, I am so proud of my children.  They all are doing the same thing and having a blast. Even though they are 11, 8 and 3.  What joy.  I am beaming.

She is so happy.  She kept wanting to go around and around.  The boys were very good.  They went around about 8 times.  Of course, this wasn't enough for Ella but we did end up leaving with everyone happy.

Here she comes.  Way to go big brother.  Taking care of your sister.

Here is Garrett playing goalie from earlier.



He was so excited to be asked.  He borrowed some hockey pants from lost and found, the goalie pads are another skaters, the jersey is from another player, and well he did have his skates.  He played in his blue jeans and t-shirt underneath.  He was thrilled to help out.  His team did win. 

No comments: