"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

I started out my morning all by myself.  Can you believe it?  Jeff was in the woods.  The kids were at mom's.  My coffee and my Bible were the things I reached for first.  I want to share some words of wisdom per say from my morning devotions.  This will help me as I begin a new.
1.  Treasure Hunt - Proverbs2:4-5  "If you seek (wisdom) as silver, and search for her as forbidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord."  I will decided to spend 15 minutes a day searching for treasure in the Bible.  Wonder what I will find?  I consider it a priviledge and pleasure to spend time with my heavenly Father.
2.  Point of no return - Deuteronomy 11:12  "The eyes of the Lord your God are always on (the land), from the beginnning of the year to the very end of the year."  Thanks Goodness  We can't go back in time but we can look back and remember.  Do not remain chained to our old memories but move ahead focused on God.
3.  Paul allowed God to use him as a vessel.  He didn't sit ont he sidelines, full of self-pity and doubt.  Paul prayed and sang hymns to God.  Others will be listening and watching.  Let me be the shining light for God.

 We went to my cousin's house for lunch.  We eat peas, collards, and ham.  Well just peas for me.  It is fun to visit with family.  It is nice to have all my family within 20 minutes or so of us.  We see them and visit quiet often.   


This is Jeff and Ella.  Ella was playing Cooper's guitar and singing "Mary Had A Little Dog".  I know that is not how the song goes but that is what happens when you have older brothers.  They teach you different versions.  HAHA

This is Jeff and I last night on our way to church.

We always take a New Year's Picture.  We were the only ones at home since the kids left us to chill out at meme and papa's.  We made it til Midnight.

Jeff finished the day in a deer stand.  Deer season is over for this year.  We have a hockey tournament this week.  We played one game tonight.  We have 2 games tomorrow. 


No comments: