"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Time to Reflect - 2009

Another blog that I follow started off her blog with a review, Annual Review.  I thought that would be a great idea so that I would have a record of what this year was all about.  Even though I have only been blogging for a few weeks now this will be a way to recap the year.
What I did good last year?  Top 5
1.  I completed my, well our, first year of homeschooling.  We all survived and we still love each other.  This was by far the biggest walk of faith I have ever done.  Jeff and I truly had a calling from God in orderto tackle this big challenge.  But what a blessing to truly turn homeschooling all over to God and just be obedient.  This is huge for me because I like to plan and know what is coming.  With homeschooling you do not.  The fruits of this labor will one day reveal itself to us.  Thank you God for your calling. 

2.  I tried to begin to eat better.  No french fries.  1 soft drink a day.  Water. Water. Water.  Along with eating better comes exercise.  This comes and goes for me.  I did really good for several months.

3.  Tried to listen more.  I am really good at jumping in to talk.  I even try to figure out what to say before the other person even finishes.  Listen and be patient.

4.  Keep my house clean.  This sometimes falls by the way side.  Putting things back in their place.  Each day I took different parts of cleaning and tried to do that one task.

5.  Understanding my husband better.  We are so on the same page right now.  This comes from taking our own time with the Lord.  Devotion and Prayer.  Each of us tried to focus on this more and in turn it has put us walking side by side in the thing called Life.  What fun we have. 

What I need to improve on?  Top 5
1.  Give my kids the benefit of the doubt.  I automatically accuse them when sometimes I need to just say okay and go on.  I am really good at giving speeches:) about how it should have been done.

2.  Rushing and schedule.  Slow Down.  Slow Down

3.  Saying no.  Not thinking that I have to do it all or even be involved in it all.  I feel like if my child is involved I need to be doing something.  It is okay to be the spectator.

4.  Daily devotions with God and Prayer.  Call on Him in good and bad.  Trust and Obey the Lord.

5.  Continue to enjoy my husband.  Take the time to be sure I have meet his needs and wants and dreams.  Sometimes I get so busy with the kids I forget about him.  I think he is big enough to take care of himself and he can do it where the kids need me more.  So not true.

Goals  Top 5
1.  Continue to read and grow in God's word

2.  Learn more about adolescents since I have a "tween" who is fast approaching "those years"

3.  Run a 5K maybe a 10K( who knows)

4.  Go to Disney World for a family vacation

5.  Do a better job with finances


Garrett 11 years old


Seth - 8 years old


Ella - 3 years old


Jeff and I

Ready for 2010!!  Happy New Year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blog...you are doing such a great job. It will be a wonderful gift to your children one day.

You have me motivated now to set some goals for 2010 but I am afraid I want be running the 5 or 10k with you...LOL!

We wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Blessings,
The Q's