"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day and the Great Date Night

We start counting down to Valentine's on Feb. 1.  Each day we pulled a strip to see what the prize would be.  Silly little gifts would be waiting on the table each morning.
 

Ella's favorite part of Valentine's is the little mailboxes.  We have a "make a card" station full of stickers, markers, and paper - She is the #1 card maker of all times.  Each of our mailboxes were full of love notes from her
 
We stayed at home on Valentine's night
Candles, Our real china, and goblet glasses.

 
 
 Each of our special Valentines



yes, she has her pj's on.  She lives in them if she is a home

 
 
 
 So trying to have a picture of Jeff and I turned out to be a chore
Take 1 - my husband being silly just as I turn my head and Seth snaps the picture.
 Take #2 - Hand in the way - photo bomb
 
Take #3 - A nice picture of mom and dad
 
I love holidays and making them a big deal.
 
Jeff's gift was envelopes for each month with date night ideas. 
The first of each month we look at the calendar and choose the date night.
We open the envelope which contains "things" to do on the date night.  I found this here.
This helps us focus on us as a couple and family not just go out and talk about kids, problems and our busy calendar.
Our used the first 6 date night ideas and the others I adapted from what I learned here.
 
We had a great time on our date night.
 
 
 



No comments: