"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rodeo Time

Time for the city slickers to act country for 2 days.
I have an aunt, uncle and cousin who hold an annual rodeo. 
This is the 18th year for the rodeo at their house.  

My kiddos have grown up going to the rodeo. 


Every year we begin looking for boots.  Boots are a requirement for my kids.
 We arrive around 4 or 5 on Friday.  The actual event of the rodeo doesn't begin until 8:00 pm
 Meme, Seth and Ella
 Cooper is usually our tour guide since he is a "real" cowboy in training.  
He loves the rodeo being at his house.
On Saturday, there was an elementary division rodeo.  It began at 10:30 so we watched Cooper in several events.

 This boy takes the best pictures.  

 My kids see goats, horses, farm dogs, and many other farm things

 Our family helps in the concession stand.  This is my dad on the left and uncle on the right.
It is a family affair.

 Cooper's house is in the background of this picture.  Lori had painted a great barn scenery with fall goodies
around it.
This girl before she went to bed Thursday night was asking her brothers if they had their clothes picked out for the rodeo.  If must be a girl thing to plan our outfits.

Horse shirt
Skirt 
Boots

ps.  we bought the pink cowboy hat at the rodeo.


No comments: