"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, August 13, 2012

A New School Year

2012-2013

This school year we have an 8th grader, a 5th grader and a 1st grader.
Life is full of adventure.  This year will be a year full of many adventures.

This is Seth beginning to work on his math.  We do a program where both boys learn and complete their assignment on the computer.  This allows me time to work with the others as one is learning math.  A great help to me.

 Ella got excited when she saw Seth's math.  "Oh I remember that from last year.  Let me help you"  she said.  I just laughed.  Seth was kind enough to allow her to push the answers.  She let her jump right up in his lap.

Seth and Ella are doing a few things the same this year.  
Science is one of those subjects.  Today was take a walk through the book to see what we will be studying.  Lots of laughs come from the brown chair.

 We decided to move Garrett upstairs this year.  This will give him more independence in decision making on his school work.

His own little cubby.  

So here is the run down (this is basically for me to remember what subjects and what curriculum I choose)
Ella
Saxon Math 2
Hooked on Phonics finishing 1st grade
Learning Language through Literature Red Book
Wordly Wise - finishing 1st grade book
Explode the Code - finishing 1st grade book
Zoo 3 - Land Animals
Ancient Civilizations - Diana Wearing

Seth
I always pick books based upon our history to read for literature
Adam and His Kin
The Golden Bull
Tirzah
Adara
God King
Cyrus the Persian
D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths
Beyond the Desert Gate
The Bronze Bow
I have study guides for most but some we are making our own
Teaching Textbooks 6
Zoo 3 - Land Animals
Ancient History
Comprehension Book
IEW writing - ancient History

Garrett
Timna
The Golden Bull
The Golden Goblet
The Hittite Warrior
God King
Victory on the Walls
Archimedes and the Door of Science
The Young Carthanginian
Vinegar Boy
Teaching Textbooks - Algebra
General Science
IEW -  Robotics
Ancient Civilizations

I am so excited about this year.  The Ancient Civilizations History that we are studying is amazing.  The books we are reading so far just point everything back to the history written in the Bible.  I love it.

We are also using the planners this year for assignments.  

Our key verse is
"This is the day the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it"  Ps 118:24
We choose our attitudes each day when we arise.  Let that be reflected in our day and school work.

No comments: