"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Crisis Assistance Ministry Run Day


Our family ran in the Crisis Assistance Run on Saturday.  Jeff did the 10K, the boys and I did the 5K, and Ella did the 1 Mile fun run.  We have been so excited for the boys to do an actual race.


Leaving home
 I pushed Ella in the jog stroller for the 5K.  Her race was after our run.  Never had pushed 50 lbs and ran 3.1 miles before in my life. 
 The boys were so excited - can you tell?  They look a little worried
 After the race is always better.  Enjoying snacks and water.  So proud of Seth for running.  We were worried about his asthma.  So proud of Garrett for sticking with him even when he had to walk.  So proud of Ella - she was great entertainment for the race.  She talked to me the entire time.
 Love this picture of Seth - glad I didn't have to push him.  Ha
 Cassie ran the 5K as well.  She won second place in her age group.  Way to go Cassie!!
 Jeff coming in for the end.  He was hopping, skipping and bouncing as he came towards the finish line. 
 Kevin was determined to bet Jeff.  It truly was a race to the finish.
 Ella with her official number for the fun run.
 Getting ready to run

 It is funny the pose before but 5 seconds later she was grumbling and complaining.  Ha!
 Little entertainment for everyone.  Silly Seth.
 Taking off.  Little lady is in the blue.  She was the youngest one running. 
This was Ella running up the hill.  She told me right before this - "I'm never doing this again.  I'm just going to stay at home and sit on the couch and be lazy"  I was dying laughing.  Those are the priceless moments.

As we were coming towards the end of the race, I encouraged Ella to pass this big boy to the right in the picture.  He was ahead of us and we passed him.   Everyone cheering her on towards the finish line.  Mr. Dickie, Mr. Kevin, Mrs. Donna, other friends of Mr. Kevin, and her family. 
So Blessed
I hope the idea of running and exercise continue with our children.
Great family fun.

No comments: