"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Thursday, April 19, 2012

When the Answer is "No"



Last nights sermon at church was about David offering a prayer of gratitude even when the answer was "NO"

II Samuel 7:25-29

David wanted to build the temple.  God told his prophet Nathan to tell David, "No"  David was okay with that answer.  He said "May it be so"  

David understood that God is God.  God's Word is true.  God promises good things to his servant.

I seem to read about many accounts in the Bible but when real life hits it is hard to offer gratitude in those moments.  I want what I want attitude takes over quickly.  

I need to focus on how good God is and has been in my life.  
His word is true
His has brought great things into my life
So because of this " I want my life to magnify HIM"



I have this sweet book.  The lady that heads up our coop wrote it.  The subtitle gives you a hint into the book.  
What God Wants Us to Hear When We Talk to Our Kids

WOW!  pretty powerful if you stop and listen to yourself and those things you say to your kids.  One of her topics is "NO"  How many times to I say that in a day?  Sometimes we don't want to say NO to our kids because we think it will hurt them too much.  

We think if God doesn't give us a YES then he must not want me happy, he must not hear my prayers, or when he says NO we don't listen.  That is because with a NO we want a because why?  

I told my kids the other day to just trust me when I tell them NO because in the past my NOs have protected them, saved them and been for their good.

I really need a take recorded when I say those things.  Hello!  God is saying the same things to me.  So when he says NO, I want to be able to offer gratitude.  

Lord, help me show gratitude even if my prayer has been denied or I am walking through the storm of NO.  

Casting Crowns has the perfect song.  

Listen below as you ponder these questions
What are some request you've made our your Heavenly Father to which He has answered "NO"?
Have you offered up gratitude in the storm?
What have others learned about you when things don't go your way?
Help me listen to the "NO" I tell my children to see if God is teaching me



 

Trust the NO

No comments: