"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, April 2, 2012

Get Over It



This is the Cooper River Bridge that goes from Charleston to Mt. Pleasant.  Once we picked up out packets in Charleston, we headed over to Jeff Cousin's house in Mt. Pleasant. 


 

This bridge always looks friendlier in a car than trying to run it.  Ha!  The incline is pretty steep.
 

                              

                             
                                
In front of me

Corral D - this is what it looks like 30 minutes before race time. 

Behind me



                                 
This is what it looks like right at race time.  There are 12 Corrals just like this one.  43,600 or so people. 

This race was delayed 1 hour.  We are not sure exactly why but people began to sit down all around us.  We were very frustrated for the wait.



The race is under way.  The corrals start in 5 minutes intervals.  We are walking closer and closer to the start line. 

                                 



This is the picture you get when you try to run and take pictures.  Not so good

Little better running and taking pictures.  All runners spread out once we begin.  As we prepare to enter the bridge, the road narrows.  I enlarged this picture so you could see the sea of people ahead of us.  Amazing. 
               

                                

Up the incline of the bridge.  I think I can...  I think I can . . .This is mile 2 head to mile 3.
Ahhhh!  Down the bridge. 
After you cross the finish line,  they have fruit, bagels, water, muffins and other things.  Look at the food.  Amazing again.  All the people you see in the background are runners. 


                            
                                   






We crossed the finish line,  had a snack, drank water, and we rested.  So glad to be on the

side.  Still hard to believe that I ran 6.2 miles.  For Jeff, it is a piece of cake.  6.2 miles compared to 26.2 is a joke.  He is a great cheerleader and hangs right with me.  If I need to walk, he walks.  Too sweet.


By now you should now the standing Dairy Queen pit stop.  So on the way home, after a giant burger, we found a Dairy Queen.  The picture is in honor of Garrett and Seth. 

No comments: