"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year

It has been such an enjoyable Christmas and New Years.  We have enjoyed some amazing family time.  The children took breaks from hockey, piano, TKD, scouts, ballet and school.  Incredible.  We have truly enjoyed home, sleeping, playing and just whatever came up.  I feel refreshed.  Ready to tackle all the above things. 

I found this book.  I am reading it on iBooks.  I want a new mind set when it comes to eating, exercise and being fit.  Candace's book pulls in great scriptures to reinforce my mind with things of God and the Bible.


Candance has a new online magazine.  I enjoy the visiting contributors each day.  All women striving to love God through their families and serving at home. 

                                                                        Roo Magazine


 Seth got this game for Christmas, well the Disney version.  Meme bought us this version.  We have laughed and laughed.  By the way, I am no good at this.  Donna Helms is the Hedbanz champion.  If you don't have it, it is worth the money.  You will enjoy some family fun.  It is even good for adults to look ridiculious and laugh.


I have been looking at this book for some time now.  I had this book on my Christmas list.  I am so excited to be reading it.  I truly want to embrace every minute.  Being thankful is all the little blessings God sends my way.  We have been calling this "How does God show off to you?"  The challenge is to write down One Thousand things  or gifts that God gives you daily.   By writing these down, you are giving thanks and then by giving thanks, YOU WILL FIND JOY.

The cool thing is:  I just found an app for my phone to record.  COOL! 


I have been working diligently on my classes for the Spring.  I am trying to learn new technology tricks to add to my courses.  The things that really should take 10 minutes really takes me 3 hours.  I try but really struggle to make it work.  AHHHH! 



We have enjoy these cool things.  iPads are the neatest things. Alll three kids got one from meme and papa for Christmas.  Thanks meme and papa!!!!  We all are passing them around.   Adding new apps, surfing the web, reading facebook and twitter.  Amazing technology.  We love them.



We have officially registed for the Bridge Run.  Training has begun.   6.2 miles is waiting for us.  Ella is so excited that we are running again.  She told me the other day she knew the best babysitter in the world.  MEME!  She's ready for me to run tomorrow.  12 weeks of training - here I come!



This is the view of the starting line.  Very cool experience.  I loved running with Jeff.  Great to set your mind to something and accomplish it.  This is something you have to do on your own.  You are not dependent on anyone else - something just I do and I accomplish.  Very rewarding to cross that line.  Jeff had challenged me to beat my time from last year. 




We have joined a new church.  Love it!  We are so excited to be a part of
Exalting Christ - Making Disciples - Passing the Torch

January 8th the church is starting Year of the Bible.  We will read the entire Bible.  We have a reading plan, online study guides and tools to help us read and learn. 



Another new for us is Just Dance 3.  Want to laugh again as a family?  Then buy this and get your groove on.  Love it. 




Since I don't facebook, I have started to Twitt.  I love it.  My new addition.  If you have an account, let me know.  I would love to follow you. 


Beginning to learn to Pinterest as well.

Well, I have been on the computer, but all the above things have been taking over.  Trying to read my books as well. 

I feel renewed, awaken and ready to tackle the new year with new friends. 

No comments: