"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, June 6, 2011

OH! The Fun!

There is nothing like having NOTHING to do.  When we have nothing to do we can spend some true family time.  I make a menu each week with breakfast, lunch, snack and supper.  That way the children will eat what I have bought groceries for that week.  I put SMORES on the menu for dessert on Thursday.  They held me to it.


Ella loves doing what the big boys do.   She was very patience and still to let her marshmellow melt.  Ella doesn't like graham crackers so she has invited a new smores - chocolate and marshmellow.  Can you imagine the chocolate mess this creates.  She doesn't care.  She ate two and asked for another.

Seth could eat about 10 smores at a time.  We sat outside until dark.  Caught a few fireflies.  Summer time we love you.  These are the memories I hope our kids will remember one day when they get big. 
Simple.  Sweet.  Fun.
and
Yummy

ps  we have learned that campfire marshmellow are the best for roast over a fire. 

No comments: