"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, April 4, 2011

Get over it!!!! - The Cooper River Bridge Run

Get over it!!  is the theme of the Cooper River Bridge

After Jeff and I picked up our packets, we were headed to Tracy's House.  On our way to Tracy's House, the bridge was in sight.  From where this picture is taken is where we ran. 

10K - 6.2 miles - April 2, 2011 had arrived.



This is driving over the bridge.


Race Day!  We were up at 5:30am.  We had to be ready to leave for the race by 6:30am.  We went over to a friend's house for bagels, bananas, juice, and power food. 

Ahhh!  I am really worried. 


 This is pack J.  We were corralled according to how fast you would run the race.  1/2 mile from the start line was our group.  Two of the Biggest Losers past people were in our group. 
People as far as you can see.  All these are racers.  40,000.

Our group started around 8:30am.  I was finally able to see the start line.  This is our group actually getting to GO to start.


This was almost about 1 mile or more into the race.  The line of people in the distance are the people on the bridge running the race.  All the people in the picture are running the race.



Jeff running on the bridge.  We had actually made it to the top.  We are headed down.

Going down - The curve in the distance is still the bridge and how far we still had to go.  We are on mile
2 1/2 heading to mile 3 

This is about mile 5 - we had been running for about 50 mintues at the point.  Didn't mean to wink but it takes talent to run, take a picture of yourself, and not run over anyone else.  Everyone behind me are in the race running.


We did it.  1 hour and 5 minutes. 
Best time yet.  I had run the fastest I had ever run even in training.  I only walked about 5 times for about 1 each.  I was so proud to be done.  What a great accomplishment.  13 weeks of training.  I started training in January.  Cold!!!  Windy!!!  I was overwhelmed.  I really felt good.  My legs did good and my breathing was right on. 


We are heading to get water here.  This is the sea of people.  Not all of these people would be runners.  This is where families could meet each other.


Ella (with the help of meme) had flowers for me when we picked up the kids yesterday. 
My favorite color of course. 


"By faith, Amy ran the race."

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."  Phil 3:14 
This was the scripture verses I had in each of my shoes. 

God was in my thoughts the whole race.  He answered some prayers.  I had such a peace the morning of the race.  Even standing in line for about 40 mins for our group to get ready, I was very calm and ready.

Jeff kept saying, "You are ready."  "Trust the program"  "You got this"

He was great support.  I love him dearly.  He ran slow and stayed with me the whole race.  He walked when I walked and ran my pace.  What great sacrifice. 

Sign me up, I would love to do it again.


1 comment:

Sheila said...

I am SO proud of you! Didn't it feel great when you crossed the finish line?! I think that is a fun race- hard, but fun!!