"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Ottoman

Our ottoman has become our family altar at our house.  This is the place where we start our day.  Before we begin school each day, we meet together to do our Walk Thru the Bible study.  After reviewing and learning, we each tell what our devotion was about then share what we think this devotion was telling us.  Then down on our knees, holding hands, each person says a prayer, including Ella.  Let me just tell you how proud I am of my children.  I feel like I have an inside look into their hearts when I hear them pray.  This morning I just got the feeling of what an incredible young man Garrett is becoming.  He still has his days, like all of us, but I just was amazed.  What amazes me is how each child will pray for the other.  They realize trails, fears, praises, or troubles that the other one is going through. 

WE BEGIN OUR DAY ON OUR KNEES

WE END OUR DAY ON OUR KNESS

As bedtime draws near, we meet together again in the same spot.  The ottoman is the meeting place.  We go to our knees, hold hands and Jeff leads our family in our prayer.  He ends our day with praise of thanksgiving and then for prayer we need for guidance and wisdom with the things we tackle each and every day.

We have come to realize that this really brings our family together.  A new tradition.  Our children now remind us that we need to pray.  Bedtime is not happening without everyone together to pray.  

We lead by example.  I use to be very shy to pray in public or out loud.  Now by praying in front of my children and letting them hear my heart, I hope one day they will have the courage at a much younger age to pray out loud.  

There truly is Power is Prayer.  Ask and you shall receive according to God's will. 

No comments: