"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Saturday, August 21, 2010

5K and Fun Run

We had a great time today as a family.  We all went to the HGBC 5K and Fun Run.  The boys did the fun run

HA!  They were funny.  4 laps around the track.  Both boys finished.


Jeff and I getting ready.  He is such a great sport to do 5K even though he ran 6.2 miles last Sunday while he is beginning his training for the Half-Marothon again in Oct.

I am huffing and puffing and he is thinking this is a walk in the park.

I ran with my friend Marsha.  This was her first 5K.  We have talked about doing a 5K since February.  Nothing like waiting til August to get one done.
After the race.  Marsha did great pushing me to run and run and run.  We ran a trail run which was muddy, nasty, and hard
Our family after the race.  Can you believe my son is only 11.  It was a nice morning.
Don't worry - Marsha and I didn't leave Jeff out.  He ran with a high school friend - "Howie" while Jenn and Beckett did the Fun Run.

We had a great time. 

What is next?  Another 5K.  I still want to run the whole thing.  I beat my time today.  31:40.  First time 37:40.  Getting there.  Getting closer.  Getting stronger.

No comments: