"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not to good

Since Friday it has been great for me and the kids.  For Jeff it has been a dreadful 5 days of hurting.  Friday morning he woke up now feeling so well but went into work.  Several call later from him, he ends up at the doctor.  From 11:30 or so until 4:00, he was in the doctor's office.  He has a kidney stone.  The doctor referred to it as a large stone.  They sent him home with 2 medications.  He has been miserable to 5 days now.  We go to a urologist today hoping to find the next step. 

So what is God teaching me - to be thankful for the things my husband does instead of always looking to the things he doesn't do that I think he should.  Yesterday I was tilling the garden and mowing the grass.  As I mowed, I was looking at all the things that Jeff does that he couldn't do because he was not feeling well.  I begin thinking about all the single moms that have to do it all.  It would be so stressful.  How it must wear on you physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I know that Jeff's condition is temporary but for some it is forever.  So in each situation we have God uses it to teach us, get our attention, and show us.  So I am so thankful for a husband that works so that I can stay home and all the little and big things he does do so I don't have to worry about them. 

No comments: