"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15d

Monday, May 3, 2010

Love . . What is Love?

Ella decided to define what this means
  • woke up at 12:30a.m. with a bad dream of bugs in her bed
  • wanted to snuggle in our bed until Jeff "kindly" took her back to her room
  • heard her music play 2 times
  • she was up again . . . around 1:30 a.m. at this time
  • decided she wasn't sleepy
  • needed to watch a show
  • decided she was thirsty
  • watched "Meet the Robinsons" and a few other shows
  • decided at 4:30 a.m. she was ready to go to bed
  • heard the music play twice
  • decided she needed me to snuggle with her
  • snuggled for 2 more songs
  • got out of her bed
  • came to see me again
  • decided she wasn't sleepy
  • watched a few more shows
  • greeted Jeff went he got up to run around 5:15 a.m.
  • decided she was ready to sleep around 5:45 a.m.
  • she did go to sleep
  • I slept on the couch
  • Jeff came in around 6:00 a.m.
  • Seth up at 6:30 a.m.
  • Jeff left around 6:30 a.m.
  • Garrett up around 7:30 a.m.
  • Started school around 8:00
  • Ella up at 8:30 a.m.
  • School continues
  • try to entertain Ella without watching more TV
  • school is almost finished 2:30 a.m.
  • ready for COFFEE
All of this on top of a splitting headache that started before I went to bed and still continues as I type

Children, well, Ella decided to figure out how much I LOVE HER.  If only she knew!!!!

So the dilemma is . . .   Does she get a nap and take the chance of her not being sleepy again or do I run her ragged and put up with crys so I will sleep tonight?  I will tell you tomorrow.

(Wanted to write this for Ella so one day when she becomes a teenager and thinks I don't love her or when she becomes a mom and needs to know what mommies do)

No comments: